Since 2007, Young Professionals of Knoxville (YPK) has worked to provide leadership and professional development opportunities, foster a sense of community among the area’s young professionals, strengthen awareness of the talented, young leaders in our area, and enhance Knoxville’s image as an exciting, compelling city in which young professionals can thrive.
We’re committed to the vision of “our” Knoxville – a place where young professionals serve the community; unite with one another, and inspire greatness. We seek to develop relationships with ambitious, skilled, and selfless members across a myriad of careers and industries within the Knoxville community.
Young professionals, Brandon Clarke and Casey Peters, along with a group of advisers affiliated with Leadership Knoxville established YPK in August of 2006. The idea stemmed from the absence of a relationship between Knoxville business owners, the community, and the next generation of business leaders.
Since its inception, YPK has grown to a membership of more than 120 skilled, involved and energetic young professionals looking to support business operations in the region while being encircled with the knowledge, experience, and humbleness of those leaders already established within the Knoxville business community.
- Make Knoxville the most desirable city for young professionals to live, work and play
- Connect young professionals to peers, provide opportunities for social and business networking
- Develop young professionals as young business leaders; educate them about Knoxville and cultivate personal and professional skills
- Serve our community; Engage young professionals in volunteer and community outreach projects and provide opportunities to give back
- Connect young professionals to Knoxville's influential business and community leaders by providing networking opportunities with executive level leaders and prominent local companies
- Provide fun social and casual settings for young professionals to interact while exploring Knoxville cultural and nightlife scene and outdoor group activities (like joining a recreational sports league!)
Interested in joining a YPK Committee? Contact us!
Eli Akers, Chair
Tyger Glauser, Co-Chair
Maddie Hotlzclaw, Co-Chair
Britney Sink, Chair
Maggie Bates, Chair
Samantha Hurst, Co-Chair
Vice President/President Elect
Nick Weissfeld, Chair
Shana Love, Co-Chair
Erin Rosolina, Chair
Andy Naler, Co-Chair