Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, wreath-laying ceremonies occur at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as over 1,200 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea, and abroad. The event is designed to remember, honor and teach.
YPK members and friends can register to volunteer on Wreaths Across America Day. Sign up below to choose which cemetery you will attend and plan to arrive by 11:50am. The ceremony will begin at 12:00 noon and wreath laying will follow.
Old East Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery (TNETVK)
5901 Lyons View Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919
Veteran Graves: 5,500
Knoxville National Cemetery (TNKNCK)
939 Tyson St
Knoxville, TN 37917
Veteran Graves: 9,006
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony; thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve their mission to remember, honor and teach.