Young Professionals of Knoxville (YPK) has launched a new personal and professional development series – Let’s Do Lunch! Are you passionate about something? Do you have an interesting hobby? Are you a subject expert in a field at work? Your fellow YPK members want to hear about it, and there is no limit on the topic you can present!
You may be thinking to yourself, I don’t have anything to present. We are here to tell you – YES, you do! We are all experts on something. By sharing knowledge with one another, each of us can become better rounded individuals. Below are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- HR Professionals – FMLA compliance, understanding benefits, important laws for managers, or perfecting your resume;
- Software Engineers / Engineers – introduction to code, creating a website, or continuous improvement;
- Marketing Professionals – social media for businesses, understanding the marketing mix, or engaging with customers;
- Non-profit Professionals – education about the organization and how to get involved, connecting with other non-profits, or understanding laws specific to non-profits;
- Finance/Accounting Professionals – personal finance tips, business accounting and/or finance, refresher on the balance sheet;
- Business Professionals – Microsoft Suite tips and tricks, organizational skills, or lessons learned; and
- Creative Professionals – Artists, Gardeners, Potters, Chefs, etc.
All presentations should be educational and valuable to young professionals. This isn't a sales pitch, but an actual learning experience. Keep in mind, this is also a good opportunity to hone in on your speaking skills! As young professionals, we will have to communicate with others – including public speaking – in our career.
Not interested in presenting but know someone who may want to? Nonmembers can present as well so long as the individual/organization is sponsored by a YPK member.
For more information and to apply to host Let's Do Lunch, please visit ypknox.com/lunch. We can’t wait to learn (and lunch) with you!