Job Description: National Christian nonprofit, Operation Inasmuch, is seeking a dynamic leader who desires to make an impact. This unique position requires someone who can influence decision-makers, lead by example and contribute to on-going success.
Operation Inasmuch is a national nonprofit Christian ministry that employs proven models to motivate, train, and equip churches to move their members out of the sanctuary seats and into the streets to serve the neediest in their communities following Jesus’ words in Matthew 25.
Operation Inasmuch is also a movement of churches across America, a Compassion Revolution. Operation Inasmuch has prepared churches of all denominations and sizes – from 5 to 5,000 – to advance the Compassion Revolution in three stages:
• Inasmuch Day – we deliver training and tools for churches to send a large number of their members out to serve those in need through a single day of projects.
• Inasmuch United – we encourage and equip a group of churches to work together and serve their communities on a single day.
• Inasmuch Life – we provide the strategy and training for churches to disciple their members to serve their neighbors in need on an ongoing basis through a lifestyle of compassion.
Lead the Operation Inasmuch ministry to fulfill its purposes by developing services and products, marketing to and enabling churches and other Christian organizations to carry out Jesus’ aims for his followers, and creating sustainable revenue streams to support the ministry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Lead staff and board members to maintain organizational focus on the mission, vision, and values of the ministry.
Initiate, build, and maintain connections with churches and other organizations by all practical means including scheduling and conducting training events, and attending assemblies, conventions, and other gatherings.
Work with staff to create and deliver services and products with associated revenue streams to help support the ministry.
Work with the incumbent Director of Development to transition to full responsibility for soliciting new individual, church, and foundation donors and maintaining relationships with current donors, exploring potential partnerships, and building networks.
Communicate ministry needs, accomplishments, and opportunities to and meet with the Operation Inasmuch Prayer Team.
Maintain Board relations to include, but not limited to, working with Board Chair to develop agenda for regular Board meetings, providing monthly updates of ministry activities and finances, and developing and overseeing annual budget for Board approval.
Supervise the office staff and foster an environment of open communications, transparency, and collaboration.
Assure compliance with all legal requirements including, but not limited to, tax documents, association memberships such as Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), and required audits and reviews.
Partner with other staff members to communicate the Inasmuch story through all social-media avenues, regular newsletters, and communications with donors and other stakeholders.
Travel outside the Knoxville area ~30% of the time performing these duties and responsibilities.
• Must be a follower of Christ and an active member of a local Christian church.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least ten years of experience or an equivalent amount of education and experience is required. Master’s degree in non-profit leadership preferred.
• Must possess strong communication (verbal, listening, and written), interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
• Must be highly organized with thorough attention to details.
• Must have strong multi-tasking skills.
• Proficiency with computer and relevant computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Knowledge and experience in developing streams of income including expanding donor base beyond relationship-based fundraising.
• Knowledge and experience in marketing and developing models and products to best meet the needs of the Inasmuch “customer” base, i.e., churches and faith organizations.
• Cross-cultural and inter-faith experience and relationship building.
• Training and experience in organizational and professional coaching preferred.
Reports to: Board of Directors
How should someone apply?: Please send your resume and personalized cover letter addressing your experience in faith or community leadership and how that experience will translate for Operation Inasmuch to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Indeed and LinkedIn applications will not be accepted.