Job Description: Headquartered in Rockford, Tennessee, Remote Area Medical – RAM® is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevent pain and alleviate suffering by providing free quality healthcare to those in need. RAM accomplishes its mission by operating mobile clinics, which offer a combination of dental, vision, and medical services to underserved and uninsured individuals, as well as disaster response and veterinary programs.
Remote Area Medical’s Fundraising and Social Media Coordinator works with RAM’s Chief Development Officer and Development Department to increase funding and enhance communications, particularly through social media platforms.
• Manage and support all RAM fundraising initiatives, in coordination with the Fundraising Specialist and Chief Development Officer. Fundraising activities, include, but are not limited to: grant proposals and reports, individual donor cultivation, special events, mailings, and fundraising campaigns
• Manage RAM’s CRM database, Sumac, for the Development Department and assist in RAM online communications
• Manage RAM’s donor acknowledgment process for major gift donors
• Coordinate RAM special events and the Development Department’s special initiatives, such as Salute to Service, donor events, etc.
• Conduct prospect research to identify potential new funding sources
• Develop and lead new fundraising strategy as needs arise
• Manage RAM’s social media presence, including on Facebook and Twitter, and expand RAM’s social media presence, especially on Instagram
• Responsible for responding in a timely manner to inquiries to the Development Department and RAM via social media and development emails
• Develop and lead new social media strategy as need arises
• Support all the overall work of the Development Department, and RAM’s overall fundraising and marketing goals
• Participates and assists in a variety of planning and development activities, including meetings and events to support the organization and its goals
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
• Bachelor's Degree in a communications, business, or humanities-related field, such as Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, History, Sociology, Business Administration, etc.
• Previous experience in the nonprofit sector, preferred but not required
• Candidates should be computer proficient, and familiar with social media platforms, and have
o Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines
o A pleasant and professional demeanor and a “can do” attitude
o Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Mac and other desktop applications
o Customer service and fundraising experience preferred
o Attention to detail
o Strong communications and organizational skills
• Willingness and ability to travel and work nonconventional work hours, especially on weekends.
• Must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift 20lbs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive RAM vehicles
• Must be proficient in verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills
Salary for the Fundraising and Social Media Coordinator position is commensurate with experience. RAM offers a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision coverage, retirement, and tuition reimbursement.
How should someone apply?: Please email a cover letter and resume to Kaylen Mallard at email@example.com by April 30, 2019.