Job Description: Discovery, Inc, the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Financial Analyst in Knoxville, Tennessee. Along with supporting our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, you'll also be finance point person in supporting our very popular TV networks such as HGTV, DIY Network, and Great American Country. Day to day responsibilities could be preparing monthly journal entries for the close process and variance analyses, to supporting schedules for monthly and quarterly forecasting/corporate reporting. You'll also participate in the annual budgeting process and long range planning while supporting the team with data analysis financial/business modeling and research.
- Monthly close process in performing procedures, accruals and monitoring performance vs. plan. In addition-prepare variance analysis explanations.
- Aid in the on-going programming asset impairment review.
- Support the brand departments and the finance team as needed in the budget and long-range planning processes.
- Investigate and resolve accounting inquiries/questions.
- Maintain programming plans and prepare related analyses as needed for scheduling team and financial reporting.
- Maintain departmental forecasts and coordinate with brand personnel on any necessary updates.
- Support the FP&A teams with data analysis, financial/business modeling and evaluation of financial reports versus financial goals.
The successful candidate will have a proven record in FP&A, Strategy or Business Development. He/she will be ambitious with excellent interpersonal skills, a strong customer and commercial focus and be a team player capable of effectively influencing outcomes across a range of cultures, levels and functions.
- BS/BA in related discipline and at least 2+ years of experience in related field
- CPA Preferred
- Have strong analytics background, with extensive experience in Excel and other budgeting tools
- Be able to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure while showing excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with proven record of effectively presenting to both senior internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with proven ability to distil complex findings into a ‘story’ with actionable findings to support commercial decision making
- Experience working in media or consultancy a plus
How should someone apply?: Go to Discovery and submit an application.