Job Description: The Fundraising Specialist serves on the development team and reports directly to the Communications/Grants Manager.
- Remote Area Medical’s Fundraising Specialist works closely with the Communications/Grants Manager to expand and strengthen relationships with potential and current donors, including individual, major gifts, corporate, and foundation donors. He/She will be responsible for managing a portfolio of high-level funders, developing and executing fundraising strategy, and supporting all fundraising efforts through detailed research and excellent stewardship.
- Develops and leads the corporate sponsorship program, including identifying potential corporate donors and stewarding current corporate donors through the delivery of benefits.
- Develops and leads all individual giving initiatives, including identifying potential major donors, stewarding these donors in coordination with the Communications/Grants Manager and CEO, and managing solicitation communications.
- Develops and leads a new planned giving program
- Works closely with the Communications/Grants Manager and the Clinic Supply Chain Manager to secure in-kind gifts for mobile medical clinics and other RAM initiatives.
- Maintains schedule for all fundraising deadlines, including proposal and report deadlines and solicitation deadlines. Responsible for managing and conducting a full range of activities required to draft, prepare, write, and submit grant proposals and/or requests; letters of inquiry to foundations and/or corporations; and individual donor solicitations, including, but not limited to, renewal letters, email requests, and unique fundraising campaigns.
- Conducts necessary research to evaluate prospects for individual, institutional, and corporate donations.
- Creates and manages Annual Fundraising Schedule for the organization and specific programs, including grants and reporting deadlines.
- Manages RAM’s CRM database, Sumac, ensuring information on donors and prospective donors is accurate and up-to-date.
- Works closely with the Communications/Grants Manager and sends all fundraising documents for review and approval before submitting.
- Follows up with donors and prospective donors when necessary, and sets up appointments with senior staff. Arranges for on-site and clinic tours for donors and prospective donors.
- Travels to clinics on an as-needed basis meet with donors and assist with marketing activities
- Develops and leads all other fundraising projects as requested.
- Bachelor Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, the Humanities or other related field.
- Two to four years of experience in fundraising
- Previous experience in the nonprofit sector a must.
- Strong written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability a must
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong knowledge of fundraising strategies and processes and knowledgeable of latest trends in the sector.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Photography/Videography skills preferred, but not required
- Must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive RAM vehicles
How should someone apply?: Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.