LOCATION: Locations throughout Knox County
The Counselor will provide direct supervision of a group of children in an after school and/or summer day camp setting. Responsible for developing and implementing daily lesson plans with a curriculum that fosters children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. In addition, every position in the YMCA of East Tennessee is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the Y’s core values - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Helps supervise a group of children.
- Helps plan and implement curriculum and program activities that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with state regulations, accreditation standards, and the goals and values of Y.
- Assist in the daily cleaning and maintenance of equipment, supplies and child care facility.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as directed by the Y and Department of Human Services.
- Follows Y policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relationships with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Follows all Y policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.