Job Description: VolShop System Administrator - 18000000RJ
Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 42, Salary DOE&Q
This position is responsible for all information technology systems, hardware, software, training, support, PCI compliance, and point of sale issues. This position serves as project manager of system implementation and upgrades, writes custom reports as needed, and serves as the liaison to the Office of Information Technology. This person will need to travel to educational conferences and seek additional training to maintain up to date industry knowledge. This person will be expected to communicate updates, training, changes, and any issues among store personnel. In charge of ordering the appropriate equipment and ensuring all technology systems function properly to ensure the maximum store success.
* This position is responsible for all information technology systems including point of sale and inventory management system.
* This position will design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve the customer experience, maximize employee use and functionality, and implement systems procedures to help the store reach its goals.
* Provides oversight of IT Security, infrastructure, hardware, applications, programming and development, and system administration.
* Develops strategic plans to ensure IT capabilities are responsive to the needs of the VolShop and the customers.
* This position will supervise and maintain the e-commerce platform and work with each store department to help them reach their goals.
* This position will supervise and train one to three part-time employees.
* This position is responsible for communicating all system updates to campus OIT and store staff.
* This person is expected to handle all system training and create documentation for future training.
* This position will create custom reports and create new Business Intelligence reports to serve the needs of each department of the store.
* Regularly meets with Departments to address concerns and resolve issues.
* Coordinates vendor training on issues and addresses custom requests with system provider.
* This position will be responsible for the security of the system and its devices, disaster recovery procedures, and safe storage of store information and equipment.
* This position researches and evaluates best practices in systems to support point of sale, inventory management system and business intelligence, and other technology-related practices to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
* This will also include travel to educational conferences and training sessions.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
*Bachelor's Degree required, Masters preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience managing a full scale IT system of an operation of at least $15 - 20 million in revenue.
* Knowledge of system administration and networks.
* Strong written and oral communication skills required.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects.
* Ability to create custom reports.
* Ability to train staff on new operating procedures.
* Knowledge of retail practices.
PREFERED REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
* 5-7 years of experience managing a full scale IT system of an operation that exceeds $20 million in revenue.
* Strategic Planning & Project Management
* Ability to recruit and manage IT staff members
* Knowledge of Information Risk Management.
* Knowledge of inventory Management and Business Intelligence.
* Ability to analyze customer data, sales trends, and overall customer engagement.
Job Information Technology Professional
Primary Location US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Job Posting May 29, 2018, 11:32:48 AM
How should someone apply?:https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_system/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000RJ&tz=GMT-04%3A00