Job Description: About the Position
The Development Coordinator is responsible for the major elements required in managing the communication relationship with our current members, donors, corporate partners and grant providers. Applicants with strong administrative, organizational and communication skills will excel at this position. The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Development Manager and works closely with the Communications Coordinator and Muse Leadership Team.
Pay: $12-$15/Hr Commensurate with Experience
Hours: 32-40 hours per week, M-F*
Applicants please email resume to Jennie Councill at firstname.lastname@example.org by
12/10/18 if at all possible
Detailed Job Description
● Managing and maintaining the NEON CRM donor and membership database.
● Preparing donor renewals, invoices, gift acknowledgements, tax receipts, impact updates
and all donor correspondence
● Managing and executing overall donor communication plan and strategy for various donor
groups including first time donors, recurring donors, campaign donors, yearly donor
communication and Corporate Partners
● Coordinating lists, content, production, layout and execution of all donor appeals and
● Ensuring all donor acknowledgement benefits are being properly executed.
● Working with staff to plan and execute Muse special events and donor events as it relates
to donor services
● Solicit in-kind donations and sponsorship for special events
● Work with the Muse Fundraising Committee to engage the Board and wider Knoxville
community in our development strategy.
● Prepare and update reports in support of the Development Manager
● Assist with any special projects in support of the Development Manager
● Fulfill incoming donation requests for community events
● Member services including new member processing, member renewals, maintaining
accurate records in Square and NEON CRM member database, contributing to member
services strategy and coordinating Member Appreciation Month in May
● Responsible for overseeing all aspects of grant funding, planning, and organizing all
grant-funded programs for the organization.
● Managing and maintaining the grant database and calendar.
● Researches all governmental agencies, companies and private foundations that offer
grants, through compiling publications and verbal information from these sources into our
● Works in conjunction with Muse Leadership Team in understanding the operational need
for grants to align potential funding to operation strategy.
● Works in conjunction with Muse Leadership Team and key staff in the development and
writing of the grant proposal.
● Responsible for registration and submission of all grants using format specified by the
● Responsible for coordinating and preparing all grant update reports using format and
schedule specified by the funding agency
These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position:
● College degree preferred
● Previous Grant Research and Grant Writing
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Able to work up to a 40 hour work week
● Able to work some weekend days and occasional late nights*
● Familiar with Google docs, Microsoft Office Suite and Basics of Donor Services Software
● Reliable transportation
● Must be able to lift 20-40 pounds
JOIN TEAM Muse!
We consider our team members our greatest resource. We look for talented professionals with the energy and enthusiasm to engage our community in support of our mission to inspire and empower All children through transformative learning experiences. Our aim is to make our community the BEST place to learn through the power of play!
About The Muse Knoxville
The Muse Knoxville is a vibrant and growing nonprofit children’s museum and planetarium in Historic Chilhowee Park. We provide a variety of innovative onsite exhibit and play experiences, onsite and mobile planetariums, field trip programs, camps, family labs and also off-site with hands-on science educational outreach programs and events. The Muse has grown remarkably and served 176,333 people through our exhibits, programs and community events this past fiscal year. Over 82,000 visitors were served on-site at the Chilhowee Park museum location, specifically. We provided 57,872 student programs in 16 counties. We have over 1,100 families that have invested in The Muse through membership and over 275 donor individuals and corporate partners have invested in The Muse Knoxville mission financially.
How should someone apply?: Email resume to email@example.com