Pay Grade: 38
Job Summary: The communications coordinator plans, creates, and produces publicity materials for all School of Music (SOM) concerts, as well as other events including festivals, workshops, and fundraisers. Additionally, this position develops recruitment materials to support academic programs within the SOM.
This person must be highly organized, have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to work with a wide variety of people, and be capable of managing numerous projects at one time. The ideal candidate will be skilled in graphic design, copy writing, and editing and will have experience with web content management systems such as WordPress. Ability to shoot and edit photo and video is desired.
The candidate should be familiar with Mac OS and must be proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign. An understanding of HTML is strongly preferred. This candidate must be able to create original artwork and layouts, update existing templates, edit according to Chicago Style, and work within the university’s branding standards (brand.utk.edu).
• Write, edit, and design brochures, fliers, programs, and invitations
• Email marketing and direct mailing of concert and special event announcements
• Write, edit, and submit updates for the SOM website to the College of Arts and Sciences web developer
• Storyboard, write, edit, and design Noteworthy, the SOM annual magazine and coordinate with freelance writers and photographers
• Publish articles to Noteworthy website
• Maintain a current listing of events on the UT website and other outlets
• Create advertisements and place in prominent music publications
• Manage all SOM social media channels and oversee student social media ambassador
• Coordinate with campus communications partners to find, write, and pitch stories
• Coordinate printing and mailing with the SOM administrative assistant and UT Printing & Mail
• Work with licensed vendors to produce giveaway items (T-shirts, pens, bags, etc.)
• Provide photo/video support as needed
• Supervise student assistants as needed
• Work closely with SOM Board of Advisors in planning of fundraising events
• Work closely with the first-year coordinator on recruitment efforts
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in graphic design, communications, or related field.
Experience: Minimum 3–5 years in a graphic design, communications, or public relations environment.
Other Admin Asst/Secr/Clerical
School Of Music
Oct 25, 2018, 12:53:21 PM
How should someone apply? https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_system/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000001N2&tz=GMT-04%3A00