Position Summary: Establishes, directs and manages the functions of the mortgage loan servicing department and line of business, managing the functions to add value in pursuit of its business and strategic objectives which include the boarding, file/custodial management, escrow administration, taxes/insurance monitoring, lien release, billing statements, past due collections, account maintenance and year end reporting. Also provides general support to the Mortgage Loan Servicing Specialists, Mortgage Operations Manager, Regional Production Managers and SmartBank clients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upholds SmartBank Core Values and Core Purpose.
- Adheres to and embraces the SmartBank Way by Acting Smart, Looking Smart and Being Smart.
- Knowledge of mortgage servicing rules relating to portfolio loans, loans sold to secondary market, escrow, PMI and forced-placed insurance policies.
- Develops and modifies department operating procedures. Develops and implements internal controls for the escrow disbursements for taxes, insurance and PMI, ARM analysis, annual escrow analysis, PMI cancellation requests and issuance of annual account statements.
- Monitors and enforces adherence to governmental guidelines regarding escrow analysis and schedules the execution of the analysis process.
- Review and analyze mortgage servicing system and mainframe system reports to ensure accuracy. Develops new reports as necessary. Initiates and oversees the preparation of servicing specific reports to aid in more efficient use of time and resources.
- Directs the post-closing tracking of releases, security instruments and hazard insurance to ensure files comply with final closing instructions, PMI contracts and SmartBank’s policies and procedures.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Post renewals or modifications. Verify documents required for loan type and organize file for review.
- Post payoffs from both borrowers and investors.
- Post OTE (online transactions) daily.
- Review and mail payment, past due, maturity and rate change notices.
- Reviews posted payments to ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile and balance daily mortgage general ledger accounts on core system.
- Coordinate loan accounting and act as a liaison between Mortgage Loan Servicing and Accounting by specifically assisting in the research and resolution of accounting related items.
- Reviews loans posted on previous day. Dual control is implemented by one person booking the original documents and a different person reviewing the file.
- Images loan files. Notate all missing documents.
- Setup exceptions required for missing and extended loan documentation.
- Image exception documents as received and update loan officer’s exceptions report.
- Continually maintains collateral files with incoming documents.
- Maintain rate changes and update core mortgage system.
- Monitor and review tickler system notices daily for reminders of necessary adjustments.
- Updates loan officer’s exceptions and tracking.
- Quote payoffs and forward accordingly.
- Prepares release documents and necessary recordings for paid out loans.
- Research and answer customer questions or requests.
- Maintain insurance files and submit to the Insurance Tracking Service daily. Review reports from tracking company weekly.
- Handle credit bureau report disputes and corrections.
- Required to stay up to date on all systems by attending webinars or classes as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of banking and customer service experience.
- Mortgage Loan Operations/Servicing experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge and sound judgment in decision-making using established guidelines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be capable of handling confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Proficient level of computer competency including Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook), and typing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions.
- Detail oriented and ability to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to able to prioritize and organize daily workflow.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- High level of integrity.
- Able to maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Willing to accept new ideas and methods and embrace change.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Frequent and regularly required movements using wrists, hand and/or fingers.
- Ability to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Must be available to work the required schedule of the Loan Servicing Department.
- May be required to travel to training sessions or meetings.
How should someone apply?: Online at http://smartbankcareers.com