A career at SmartBank is more than just a job, it is a family where values are upheld and hard work is recognized. Our SmartBank team of associates are trustworthy, loyal and innovative.
We have been supporting our customers for over 10 years in Tennessee and Florida and are continuing to grow. We empower our associates to treat our customers with care and to be involved in the communities we support. We build exceptional value by fostering a work environment that respects individual needs, establishes high expectations and recognizes achievement – It is the SmartBank way.
Our benefits are AMAZING: We pay 100% for our associates - dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, employee assistance, short and long term disability (buy up options are available for dependents and we share in that cost) and we provide a 401(k) plan that includes a dollar for dollar match on the first 3% you contribute. We share in the cost of medical and even pay towards your deductible! We pride ourselves in being members of the community and incentivize our associates to do the same!
This position executes all Accounts Payable functions including ensuring all vendors are paid in a timely manner and associates are reimbursed for approved expenses, and maintains all records accordingly. This position will be located at our Corporate Offices at 5401 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and verifies invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Verifies that all transactions comply with SmartBank policies and procedures.
- Prepares batches of invoices for data entry; enters invoices for payment.
- Manages the weekly check run which includes, but is not limited to, recording all checks and prepares vendor checks for mailing.
- Maintains listing of accounts payable.
- Maintains updated vendor files and file numbers.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Assists in monthly closings and preparation of reconcilements of various GL accounts and SmartBank internal accounts.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and copying.
- Prepares digital copies of records on a regular basis.
- Prepares a variety of debit and credit tickets to accomplish necessary corrections or adjustments.
- Maintains files on W-9s for all vendors.
- Prepares vendor 1099s annually.
- Assists in maintenance of the listing of fixed assets.
- Maintains and updates the Accounts Payable manual, Accounting Principles and Procedures and Expense Report Policy.
- Assists Accounting staff as necessary.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
Position Requirements: High school diploma. Six months experience in accounting or finance; preferably in an accounts payable role. Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, high level of accuracy and outstanding interpersonal skills are required. Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, 10Key and accounts payable programs preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our Talent Acquisition team.
How should someone apply?: https://www.smartbank.com/careers/