The Manager of Training role is responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs and new initiatives for employees at all levels within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts as project leader with cross-functional teams from operations and the Restaurant Support Center collaborating with all to ensure effective training, communication and implementation of new training/development programs and initiatives while maintaining current training programs to a high standard of excellence
- Partner with Restaurant Support Center Leaders to ensure:
- Effective training of new or improved business capabilities/systems
- Write/review effective communications to RSC and Operations on current training programs, new initiatives, policies and procedures
- Review projects for financial implications and work within budget
- Partners with Leadership to identify and prioritize training and development opportunities keeping in mind key stakeholders – Guests, Operations Team, RSC Team and Shareholders
- Develops and designs new instructional materials and training curriculum while maintaining current materials for employees at all levels within the organization
- Proficient at writing and proofreading training material content and communications so that they are organized, clear and consistent, grammatically correct and understandable by the target audience
- Facilitate and conduct training sessions including session planning, content development, presentation and logistics
Education and Experience
BS in Business, HR, Hospitality or similar field, proficient technical writing skills to include composition, editing, grammar/spelling and formatting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Restaurant management experience a plus.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
Must be proficient using MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel. Experience with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign & Illustrator, website design and Oracle Learning Management System a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
Potential for periodic travel.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
How should someone apply?: https://rubytuesday.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000006&lang=en#.WPipxk7RGyA.mailto