Goodwill Industries-Knoxville, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing vocational services and employment opportunities for individuals with barriers to employment in their 15-county East Tennessee service region. Job training programs are supported through the sale of donations in Goodwill’s 28 regional retail stores.
Goodwill is seeking an intern who can work well in a deadline-oriented environment, has organizational and problem solving skills, and is able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
This internship will provide great experience planning and executing events, communicating to sponsors and the media, and working in a non-profit organization. The intern will be given supportive guidance from the Goodwill Marketing team, yet will have the freedom to make decisions independently.
An intern at Goodwill may experience the following:
- Support planning and execution of events and celebrations, such as the Goodwill Vintage Fashion Show, the Goodwill Golf Classic and others. Duties include soliciting sponsors, seeking in-kind donations, coordinating volunteers, and overall event logistic coordination.
- Support planning and execution of donation drives, both large and small-scale.
- Create content for Goodwill’s social media and website.
- Assist with writing copy for press releases, website, newsletters, and calendar listings.
- Develop a calendar of public speaking engagements promoting the programs and services of Goodwill while stressing the need for continued community support.
Hours and duration of internship are flexible, though the Goodwill office is openMonday-Friday between 8am and 4:30pm. Some special events may require evening hours. This is an unpaid position, though Goodwill staff members are willing to help with requirements for course credit.
How should someone apply?: To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the Goodwill Marketing Team at [email protected].