Job Title: Branding and Messaging Associate Department: Branding & Messaging
Reports to: Director, Branding & Messaging
Purpose of Position: To assist with the development and implementation of a branding and messaging strategy that raises awareness, creates a positive image, motivates volunteers, supports fundraising and reinforces community impact.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the Director of Branding and Messaging (BAM) and BAM volunteers to position United Way as a positive household name in the community and support the department/organizational strategies.
- Organize and develop stewardship plans for donors at various recognition levels and affinity groups within the organization.
- Utilize and maintain the website, social media outlets, e-newsletters, blogs and other media outlets as they are identified.
- Assist with media relations; to include writing and proofing press releases and media advisories, pitching on air stories to broadcast media, fielding media inquiries, assisting to secure guests for the monthly CTV program, and more as it relates to the organizations efforts.
- Responsible for the design and layout of all collateral including, electronic communications, invitations and other items. This position will also work with the design volunteers to oversee projects.
- Assist the Director and BAM volunteers with generating new and innovative tactics to increase fundraising and communicate United Way’s message. (Educating the community as to what UW does with their donations is an ongoing messaging need.)
- Responsible for assisting with special events throughout the year. This may include, but is not limited to, scheduling and directing volunteers and celebrities.
- Oversee BAM administrative needs, this will include, but is not limited to, working with department Administrative Assistants.
- Special focus on improving existing donor communication strategies and implementing new strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Business, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with, or knowledge of working with volunteers in a support role.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of current Windows systems and social networking functions.
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Working knowledge of Word Press website design and content management preferred.
- Working knowledge of video editing and production preferred.
- Must be able to work extended hours when necessary. Must be able to travel if necessary.
- The successful candidate must agree to a background check and possess a valid driver’s license.
Hiring Range: $28,000 - $32,000; based on experience and skill level
Send resume, cover letter and professional references to: Director of Branding and Messaging, Jenny Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org