Our current hiring need are DSPs – Direct Support Professionals and LPN's. We are in the Knoxville area. Each group home houses eight (8) individuals diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Valid Tennessee Driver’s license with an F endorsement is required. Many different shifts available! Full time, part time, weekends and first, second & third shifts available. Please indicate what shift you prefer.
You may also visit our website to complete an application at www.openarmscare.org or you may complete an application at our office at 7325 Oak Ridge Highway, Suite 200, Knoxville, TN 37931.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license with ability to obtain "F" endorsement.
- Demonstrate a desire to improve the lives of persons who are diagnosed with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Candidate must have a desire to be a mentor and a teacher.
- Assist with developing skills in self-help: training activities concerning daily living, leisure and recreation, basic academics where applicable, communication, and socializations skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Maintain annual CPR certification and training sessions to include Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), Abuse & Neglect, and Americans Disability Act (ADA).
- Job specific experience with individuals diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
Required license or certification: Drivers License
Required education: High school or equivalent
Apply online at www.openarmscare.org or in person.