This position provides support to the Chamber’s marketing and events team by executing daily, mission-critical tasks.
- Program Manager for Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA) – This position is responsible for managing the Chamber’s YEA program which includes student recruitment, parent communications, staffing of class each Tuesday night from 5 – 8 p.m. (Oct – Apr), communicating with mentors and guest speakers, communicating with YEA corporate office on a weekly basis, working with Chamber staff to execute special events for the YEA students throughout the year.
- Website Content Updates on iKnowKnoxville.com – This position is responsible for maintaining content on iKnowKnoxville.com including coupons, jobs, and events. Responsible for ensuring the iKK events calendar is relevant and updated on a regular basis.
- Content Contributor for Commerce – The person in this position participates on the Commerce editorial board and assists with content for the monthly newsletter, including but not limited to: event recaps, event promotional stories, monthly event calendar, and member anniversary listings.
- Event Support – This position will work closely with the Events Manager to plan and execute Chamber events. This includes (but is not limited to): light lifting during load-in and load-out for events, trafficking applications and registrations, mailing postcard invitations, and providing on-site back-up at events for Ambassadors handling registration and greeting responsibilities.
- Event Promotion – This person will assist the Events Manager with the distribution of Chamber event invitations (electronic and hard copy).
- Administrative Support for VP of Marketing & Events – This position will provide administrative support to the VP of Marketing & Events ranging from committee communications to proofreading and other duties as assigned.
- Front Desk Phone Back-Up – This person will be part of the front desk “back-up team” that fills in at the Chamber’s front desk to ensure it is staffed between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
Other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills Required:
Technologically aware and proficient on Microsoft Office products.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Basic understanding of the Chamber, its mission, and target audiences. Critical thinker with initiative, leadership skills, and the ability to multi-task.