Job Title: Membership Manager
Business/Organization: College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: CUPA-HR is seeking a Membership Manager who excels in project management and takes pride in serving the association’s members.
This individual will work collaboratively with the director, team members and other departments to manage membership projects and programs including the annual membership renewal campaign and online member community; help maintain the organization’s customer database; and provide a high level of customer service and personalized experiences for many of the association’s 40,000+ members and nonmembers.
We’re looking for someone who is positive, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, self-motivated, enjoys developing and implementing project plans and digging deeper to find new information to solve problems.
You’d be a great fit for this position if you’re:
• Passionate about connecting people with one another and providing valuable support.
• Energized by managing projects that have a lot of moving parts.
• Excited by digging into data to support decisions and discover new opportunities.
• Capable of bringing solutions to the table, and aren’t afraid to speak up when there’s room to improve.
• Comfortable with a little chaos and some occasional uncertainty.
• Appreciative of the differences in others.
• Genuinely and passionately a caring person, with a service mindset.
• Driven to improve in order to delight customers and colleagues.
• Energized by interacting with and helping people.
CUPA-HR is made up of high performing team members. A lot will be expected of the Membership Manager. If you are a go-getter who thrives in being challenged in a variety of ways, this is the place for you. You'll be surrounded by high performers who are passionate about what they do and who will provide the support and encouragement to help you be your best!
o Drive the annual membership renewal campaign, scholarship program and other special membership projects and programs, collaborating with director and other association staff members in the membership, IT and communications departments.
o Collaborate with director on researching and developing an overall strategy and detailed plan to encourage members to become more engaged with the association.
o Assist the director in managing the association’s Wildfire program, a 12-month immersive development and learning experience for select early-career higher ed HR professionals.
o Manage day-to-day operations of the organization’s private, online member community, CUPA-HR Connect.
o Participate in tracking defined measurements of engagement in the member database and work with team members to identify opportunities for new types of measurements as well as dashboard improvements.
o Track effectiveness of all assigned programs and campaigns to provide updates to director and make improvements to plans as needed.
o Become an expert on CUPA-HR products, services, practices and procedures.
o Proactively serve CUPA-HR members and customers by striving to identify and exceed their expectations and needs.
o As part of the member service team, ensure that all incoming phone calls and general request e-mails are answered in a timely manner and provide the appropriate referral or assistance, such as processing event registrations, product orders and account changes over the phone.
o Ensure accuracy of data when entering and updating records in the membership database.
o Collaborate with team members and IT staff to update database in preparation for large campaigns such as membership renewals, conference scholarship applications and others.
o Perform data checks to ensure database integrity.
o Maintain an inquisitive approach to member and nonmember data.
Assist with other projects, as assigned
ASSIGNMENT, REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF WORK:
Incumbent reports to the Director of Member Marketing and Engagement. Individual consults and collaborates with member service colleagues, other national office staff and volunteer leaders to achieve objectives.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY:
The incumbent exercises independent judgment in executing position functions, including project development and management of timelines and processes, while keeping consistent with the mission, goals and established standards and strategic priorities of the association. Further, individual must represent CUPA-HR in a professional, accurate, and responsive manner when handling external and internal communications. Also, incumbent must maintain confidentiality of association information.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of work experience in a position sufficient to demonstrate experience with the tasks and requirements outlined in this description, preferably in a customer service or project management role. Other requirements include:
• Demonstrated ability and desire to work with a diverse group of individuals with varying needs
• Experience analyzing and working with data to inform strategy and decision making
• Understanding of database management and demonstrated ability to maintain database records with accuracy and thoroughness
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with customer and/or member service in a member-centric organization
• Willingness to go above and beyond to exceed, not just meet, members’ needs and expectations
• Professional attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to change quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to solve problems creatively, logically and critically
• Ability to be flexible and work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage time
• Experience managing public or private online communities strongly preferred
Position is a regular, full-time, exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Some evening hours, weekend work and travel may be required.
Upper $40s to mid $50s, commensurate with qualifications and experience; plus excellent benefits
CUPA-HR is higher ed HR. We serve higher education by providing the knowledge, resources, advocacy and connections to achieve organizational and workforce excellence. As the association for HR professionals in higher education, CUPA-HR provides leadership on higher education workplace issues in the U.S. and abroad. We monitor trends, explore emerging workforce issues, conduct research, and promote strategic discussions among colleges and universities. CUPA-HR is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, where we offer an innovative work environment with competitive pay, first-class health and retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for professional development.
Benefits for regular, full-time employees consist of paid leave time with 12 paid holidays and a generous vacation policy; company-paid basic life insurance and company-premium-sharing on medical and dental benefits; mandatory 5% employee contribution to a retirement savings plan plus an automatic 10% company contribution (yes, that’s 15% a year!); and a casual dress code and flexible work schedule that includes Fridays off during the summer.
For information on how to apply, click the Membership Manager link on the 'Employment Opportunities' page under 'About Us' on the CUPA-HR website (www.cupahr.org). A cover letter and resume are required to apply. Also provide the names and contact information for three references, which can be attached during the application process as an Optional ‘Other Document’. Review of application information will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. EOE.
How should someone apply?: For information on how to apply, click the Membership Manager link on the 'Employment Opportunities' page under 'About Us' on the CUPA-HR website (www.cupahr.org). A cover letter and resume are required to apply. Also provide the names and contact information for three references, which can be attached during the application process as an Optional ‘Other Document’. Review of application information will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. EOE.