Division of Enrollment Management
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, invites applications and nominations for a Coordinator position in the Office of the Registrar.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UT) is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 28,000 students, the campus is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, One Stop, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, and EM Communications.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position is a grant funded position and is responsible for the development and implementation of a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) credit program for student veterans. This includes developing procedures for awarding university level credit and establishing a faculty council for credit review and approval. This position is initially funded for 12 months but could be extended beyond that depending on project needs and available funding.
• Counsel students at the Veteran's Resource Center about PLA credit options
• Establish specific points of contact between areas within Enrollment Management and the academic units
• Chair a campus advisory board to enhance understanding of PLA and building a campus culture and faculty supporting it
• Foster a community-based approach to determining academic credit for prior learning
• Work closely with faculty, the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, and members of the Registrar's Office and Veterans Resource Center to establish policies and procedures for evaluation of military training for academic credit
• Collaborate with key campus stakeholders to identify where student veterans' prior learning overlaps with courses offered by the institution
• Consult with THEC and ACE regarding policies and procedures for awarding prior credit
• Recommend potential credit equivalences
• Assists faculty in establishing or improving procedures to evaluate prior learning for military personnel
• Works with campus stakeholders to promote practices that award credit for prior learning for veterans and service members
• Leads efforts to equate veterans’ experience, training to appropriate academic credit
Bachelor’s degree. Two years in an educational setting working with curriculum and/or credit transfer procedures. Experience building partnerships/relationships.
Master’s degree. Experience working with veterans and an understanding of military training and credit transfer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and personally with others including but not limited to students, advisors, faculty, deans, department heads, parents, and co-workers.
Knowledge of university curriculum and degree requirements.
Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Ability to work with a wide variety of populations.
Ability to process high volumes of work with accuracy and within deadlines on a routine basis.
Ability to learn and use higher education software tools.
The Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee is seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
Applicants should submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience along with a resume and the name, address, and telephone number of three references.
Student Services Support
Office Of University Registrar
Oct 15, 2018, 3:52:16 PM
How should someone apply?: https://hr.tennessee.edu/jobs/staff-positions